Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A reflection on the Journey to Relaxation

The journey to relaxation exercise was a different experience for me. I wish I had better focus with guided relaxation techniques. It was hard for me to concnetrate on the speakers voice mainly because I did not like the sound of the speakers voice and I think that I couldn't clear that thought from my mind enough to really concentrate on the exercise.  I did however go back and just listen to the exercise so I could just hear what he was saying and for a person that is able to follow a guided meditaion and really visualize what he was saying this would be a good practice,


I hope that I can get better on focusing on techniques like this. It seems that I may have to practice that. I have to figure out a way to ignore the actual sound of the speakers voice and just concentrate on the actual words that are being spoken. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get better at this please feel free to share. I have done yoga before and I have been able to concentrate on the speaker giving the instructions in person and I wonder if hearing someone in person versus listening to audio recordings makes a difference for me.


Angelleka

No comments:

Post a Comment